Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Good Times at The Frothy Beard Brewing Company


This weekend, we had a family outing to The Frothy Beard Brewing Company.  Well, we actually went to Magnolia Plantation first and managed to incorporate into our trip a good ol' visit with the bearded brewers at Frothy Beard.   The wifey did not put up a fight, as she likes to indulge in a good locally brewed craft beer or two as well.




It had been too long since I had been to Frothy Beard, so I was pumped to get to see Michael, Joey, and Steve (aka the owners).  Fortunately, I did get to see Michael.  Unfortunately, Joey and Steve were tending to some other business (aka serving up their tasty beer at the Wild Dunes Brews and Chews Event).



The beers on tap on this day were their Zingiber Pale Ale (Ginger Pale Ale), Jalapeno Cilantro Pale Ale, Board Slide Rye (Roggenbier), Sergeant Sandias Surprise (Watermelon Wheat), and the SIPA (Sour IPA).  Lucky for us, we sampled all of them and then each picked our favorite to a enjoy a pint of.  I chose the Jalapeno Cilantro Pale Ale and the wifey chose the Zingiber Pale Ale (the baby chose to stick with his water).



I surprised myself with my selection of the Jalapeno Pale Ale, but I am really starting to like jalapeno/pepper/spicy beers.  A few weeks back, one of the other Charleston Craft Beer contributors shared a growler of The Spicy Ninja (Westbrook's Citrus Ninja but with an addition of fresh ginger, chili peppers, and a touch of habanero), and I really, really liked it!  I also liked the Frothy Beard Sour IPA, and find that I am liking more and more sour beers.  My beer palate has come a long way over the past 10 years or so.  Cheers to that!



I hope to get back to Frothy Beard soon, as I noticed on there "Coming Soon" chalkboard that they will soon be serving up their Irish Red (one of the 1st Frothy beers I ever had and still one of my fav's), a Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (sounds fantastic), and a beer called Maltese Falcon.  I heard Michael explaining what type of beer that is, but was too distracted by the baby (he's over 1, not a baby) wandering around the brewery, hoping he didn't HOP into one of their brew kettles.




Overall, we had a good visit to Frothy Beard.  They have more seating since I've last been there and definitely some new, bigger fermenters.  I guess things are going well and folks are enjoying their beer! I know I am!  Oh, and being able to purchase a pint is kick @$$!

Cheers!


Other Reviews



0 comments:

Post a Comment