Friday, May 20, 2011

The Pig is King!

The other day the wife read somewhere (possibly The Charleston City Paper) that the IOP Piggly Wiggly had a growler station and an excellent selection of craft beer.  I was surprised for two reasons.  First, I didn't know there was a Piggly Wiggly on IOP (turns out there isn't), and secondly that they had an excellent selection of craft beer.   Well, after a nice little beach day we decided to find this IOP Pig and check out the selection.   As stated earlier, it turned out this particular Pig was not located on IOP, but actually the IOP connector in Mt. Pleasant.   The beer selection being excellent, was actually very true indeed.   We first noticed the 6 tap growler station, which has some high quality selection.  There is even a Facebook Page where they update what they are currently featuring on tap.  Not bad for a Pig!

After scoping out the growler station, we found the section of high quality bombers and sixers.  Some highlights include: Avery, Southern Tier, Ballast Point, The Bruery, Ommegang, Stone, Great Divide and whole kiosks (not sure what else to call them) of Dogfish Head and Rogue.   The wifey and I were pretty impressed.  This Pig was definitely wearing lipstick.  From here on out, I may have to pledge my weekly grocery store visit allegiance to the IOP Pig.

PS  If I wasn't so new to this blogging thing, I would have been smart enough to snap a pic of the Pig's selection.  Hope you can cut me some slack this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment