Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another Night at the Coleman Public House!

This past friday night, the wifey and I decided we were in the mood for a good burger and some good craft beer.  Although we should be trying new places since we just moved here last year, we can't stop going back to the Coleman Public House.


With a high quality craft beer selection, and the best burger I've ever had, we just can't get enough of this place.  It's only been open for about a year, so you may not have had the chance to make it out to CPH.  If this is the case, I highly recommend that you check it out ASAP!  CPH is located on Coleman Blvd. in Mount Pleasant, just a few minutes over the Ravenal Bridge.   Now on to the beer...

Coleman Public House features a solid 16 beers on draft and 12 bottles.  With such a great selection of drafts, I personally don't even contemplate the selection of bottled beers.  On this night, check out what they had on draft.
With such great selection, I was faced with some difficult choices.  Should I go with something I know that I really like (Old Rasputin, Sweetwater IPA, Westbrook Citra Rye), or take a risk and try something new?  With good craft beer, I always consider this a good problem to have.  I ended up going with the Stoudt's Scarlet Lady for round one and the Great Divide 17th Anniversary  Double IPA for round two.  The wifey went with the Sweetgrass Pale Ale (I was jealous, as I liked this one better than my Scarlet Lady) and then her old reliable Weihenstephan Hefeweizen ( I always love hearing her order this one because she pronounces it different everytime).

                          Round One (Quit looking at my wife, we are talking about the beer here)


Round Two (She is hot, I know)

As stated earlier, I really enjoyed the wifey's Sweetgrass Pale Ale over my choice of Stoudt's Scarlet Lady.   Both were good though.  The highlight of my night (besides being on a date with the wifey) was the Great Divide 17th Anniversary Double IPA.  This beer is based on their Denver Pale Ale recipe.  It's copper hued color is pleasing to the eye, it's malty sweetness coats your tongue, and the earthy, floral English and American hops provide a good balance to this awesome beer that clocks in at 10% abv.  It also has a pronounced oakiness to it, as it has been aged on French and American oak chips.   Overall, a fantastic beer in my opinion.

Now on to the food at CPH.  Everything I've ever seen come out of the kitchen looks fantastic.  I just can't seem to get off the Southern Burger, while the wifey has an affair with the Barnyard Burger.   Her selection has goat cheese on it (which I hate), so I can't attest to how delicious it is.  She also wrote a blog on her site about our recent visit to CPH.  You should check it out, as she is much more witty than I. She also is a better righter (get it righter...writer...ha ha) than I.   Anyway, back to the food.  My Southern Burger has pepperjack cheese, fried green tomato and remoulade, while her Barnyard Burger has goat cheese, oven roasted tomato, fresh spinach, and carmelized onions.  Check em out.



All in all, the CPH is a great place to go for some quality craft beer and quality food.  The beer menu is excellent.  The food is excellent.  The staff is excellent.  They are always very friendly and knowledgable about the beer selection.  Definitely the CPH is gonna stay one of our go-to places in Charleston.   If you haven't yet, be sure to stop in to this watering hole soon.  I think you will definitely be glad you did.

Currently Drinking: Sweetwater IPA
Cheers!!!




Coleman Public House on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment