Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mellowing out at Mellow Mushroom in Mt. Pleasant!


A few Friday nights back, the wifey (check out her Charleston blog if you'd like) and I decided to go to the Mellow Mushroom in Mt. Pleasant.  We heard that the pizza was pretty good plus we had a Groupon.   I never thought they would have a kick @ss craft beer selection!!!  Luckily for me and the wifey, I was wrong.   Not only does Mellow Mushroom have delicious pizza, come to find out they have 21 quality beers on tap and nearly 100 bottles to choose from.  Pizza and good craft beer ='s Bonus!    Let’s just say the selection was good enough that it took me about 15 minutes to figure out what beer to go with.   This is what I call a good problem to have.  On draft (this particular day), they had Sweetwater Road Trip, Chimay Tripel, Dogfish Head Namaste, Dogfish 90 Minute, Tilburg's Dutch Brown Ale, Terrapin Hopsecutioner, Coast 32/50 Kolsch, and about 12 more.  

Now on to the 100 or so bottles they had to choose from.  Notable bottle selection included beer from: Stone, Houblon Chouffe, Stoutds, Bear Republic, Coronado, Allagash, Chimay, Unibrou, Weyerbacher, Duvel, Avery, Bells, Victory, Lagunitas, Rouge, Highland, Abita, Brooklyn, Great Divide, Samual Smiths, New Belgium, and Pauwel Kwak.  Check out the pics of the bottled beer menu and see for yourself:

  
                                                 

I personally liked how they categorized the bottle menu.  Makes it easy for someone like me (who always takes a long time to decide what beer to order) to make my decision just a tad bit quicker.

I ended up going with Dogfish Head Namaste, followed by a Terrapin Hopsecutioner. 
The wifey went with ??? (honestly don't remember.  My beers were good though!)



Other cool things about Mellow Mushroom in Mt. Pleasant

*Beer Dinners Monthly (Wednesday Nights)
**Happy Hours (Monday-Friday 4pm-7pm  $2 off drafts and bottles)
***Beer Club (Basically rewarded you for drinking a lot of beer...I like where their heads at)
****They fill growlers of anything they have on draft
*****Psychedelic atmosphere reminds of....Oh never mind.  

Currently Drinking: Green Flash IPA Hombrew Clone

Cheers!
Mellow Mushroom (Mt. Pleasant) on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment