Sunday, August 28, 2011

EVO Pizza Review!

Last weekend, the wifey and I finally got to EVO (Extra Virgin Oven)!  If you don't already know, it's a pizza restaurant located in North Charleston's Park Circle area.  We had heard good things about the food (pizza), as well as the beer selection.  A little bit about EVO taken from the wifey's blog:

"EVO was featured in Food Network Magazine’s September 2011 issue, specifically in “50 States 50 Pizzas.”  EVO’s Pistachio Pesto was voted the best pizza in South Carolina!  That hasn’t been their first public praise.  Click here to see the list of local and national acclaim that EVO has earned.  Have I mentioned that EVO began on a rolling cart at the Charleston Farmer’s Market in 2005?"


So yes, the pizza was damn good!!!  It is definitely the best pizza that I have had since moving to the Charleston area.  Just look at it:

 The Pork Trifecta 8" 

The Margherita 8"

Now on to the beer!  Although they only had 6 taps at the bar, the selection was quality and geared a lot towards local beer (which I like) on this particular night.  On tap was:  Holy City Fish Bowl #2 (Imperial Red Ale), Holy City Pilsner, Holy City Pluff Mud Porter, Coast HopArt IPA, Southern Tier 2XIPA, and Great Divide Samurai Ale.


I went with the Holy City Fish Bowl #2 (Imperial Red), since I hadn't had it yet.  The wifey went with the Coast HopArt IPA.  Good choice wifey (I taught her well)!  Trust me, I taxed her HopArt.  I gave up using the "I forgot what it tastes like" line a long time ago.  It's just an accepted behavior now for me to take a sip of her beer.  Best wife ever!  Oh and my Holy City beer was really good too.  I always enjoy a hoppy red ale!

 Holy City Fish Bowl #2 (Imperial Red)

The Coast HopArt IPA

Besides the draft beer, they also feature a nice selection of bottled beer, ranging from $5 to $9.   Here they are:  Allagash White, Avery Joe's Pils, Avery American IPA, Bell's Amber Ale, RJ Rockers Patriot Ale, Brooklyn Brown Ale, Napa Smith IPA, New Belgium Ranger IPA, New Belgium Mothership Wit, New Belgium 1554, Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale, Victory Prima Pils, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Flying Dog Pale Ale, Highland Porter, New Belgium Abbey, Oskar Blues G'Knight, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Left Hand Milk Stout, Victory Storm King Imperial Stout, Samuel Smith Organic Lager, Duvel Golden Ale.


Not too shabby!!! I could definitely find quite a few beers I would enjoy from that list.  To sum it up, if you're looking for some of the best pizza in the United States and want to wash it down with some tasty craft beer, then you might just want to check out EVO.  I am pretty sure you will enjoy it as much as we did.



Cheers!

Other Reviews:


EVO Pizza on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment