Saturday, November 5, 2011

Adventures in Homebrewing-My First Beer Award!



On September 1st and 2nd, The Summer Suds In Savannah Homebrew Competition was held in Savannah, Georgia.  I heard about it through my membership with the Low Country Libations Homebrewing Club (Charleston's local homebrewing club).  This event was held during the Savannah Craft Brew Fest.  The homebrew competition was a BJCP sanctioned competition open to all homebrewers.   Since I had a kick @$$ homebrewed Saison that I was pretty proud of, I decided to enter it in the competition.  This was my first time ever entering a homebrewing contest.  I hate being judged!!  I think it stems from all those last place finishes I experienced as a child in the various beauty pageants my parents entered me in.  That was a joke!  Anyway, I gave it a go and ended up winning 1st Place in the Saison category.  I hope this is just the start of many more beer related accolades in the future.








Cheers!

PS Shout out to my Assistant Brewmaster, Joe C!

0 comments:

Post a Comment