Monday, August 8, 2011

Adventures in Homebrewing-The Recipe!

I have been homebrewing for about 3 years now.  I started as an extract brewer and about a year ago, went to All-Grain brewing.  From here on out, I plan on documenting my "Adventures in Homebrewing" on this site.  This coming weekend, I plan on brewing a Belgian IPA.  I did a Belgian IPA last year, and it turned out pretty good, though a bit under carbed.  This is a different recipe, so I will call this one Belgian IPA #2.  If it comes out good, then I can give it a better name.  If it doesn't turn out good then it will become a one and done, and not get a fancy name.  Here's the recipe:


Malt & Fermentables
10 lbs Rahr Two-Row
12 oz. Belgian Caramel Pils
4 oz. Briess Caramel 120L

Hops
.75 oz Chinook Pellets 60 mins
.5 oz  Chinook Pellets 10 mins
.25 oz Falconer's Flight Pellets 10 mins
.25 oz Falconer's Flight Pellets 5 mins
.25 oz  Chinook Pellets 1 min
.25 oz Falconer's Flight Pellet 1 min

Dry Hop
.5 oz  Chinook Pellets
.5 oz Falconer's Flight Pellets

Total Bitterness 52.6 IBU

Yeast
Wyeast French Saison (3711)

Alcohol Content
6.0% ABV

Stay tuned for a blog (with pics) about the brew day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment