Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Sixer! With Chris Brown From Holy City Brewing!


Here's a Six Pack of questions that I recently asked Chris Brown from Holy City Brewing.


1)  How has life changed for you guys since opening up the brewery?

"Life hasn't changed to much. We are all a lot busier and have a
lot of new responsibility, which is a god thing. It's been fun so far."


2) What has been the biggest challenge?  And what has been the greatest reward?

"The biggest challenge so far has been the learning curve of how to
run a small business and develop a brand. You have an image in your
head of how you want things to run and how you want to be perceived
and it doesn't always go as planned. Sometimes it nice to sit back and
have a beer and not take things to seriously."

3) Where do you see Holy City a year from now?  5 years from now?

"Hopefully in a year Holy City Brewing will be canning and expanding
production and territory of distribution. It's hard to say where will
be in five years, we are somewhat limited growth wise by the size of
our building so maybe a new spot."

4) Can you give us a sneak peak into some of the cool beers you guys will be brewing up soon?

"Right now we are brewing a couple big beers for the winter, an
Imperial Stout and a Bock. We will also have a new IPA, Vienna Lager,
and possibly a Smoked Marzen."

5) What HCB beer are you most proud of?

"I would have to say the Pilsner is the beer I'm most proud of, it's
also the one I drink the most of."

6) What beer(s) are you drinking when you're not drinking a HCB beer?


"My first choice for a beer not my own would be anything local.
Lately though I've been drinking Terrapin Hopsecutioner and I have
some Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout in the fridge right now."

Thanks again to Holy City Brewing, especially Chris Brown, for taking the time to answer my questions.  If you haven't been out to HCB yet, then you definitely need to make it a priority.  It's awesome!!!  If you haven't already, check out my blog of my recent visit there.






Cheers!

Past Sixers

The Sixer with Edward Westbrook

0 comments:

Post a Comment